Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Market



Jean Talon marke

Montreal has two farmers' markets: the Atwater Market and the Jean Talon market. The Jean Talon market is the much larger of the two.


Jean Talon marke

On a weekday at the end of September, we paid the market a visit. (You can't move for the crowds on the weekends.) There was still quite a few people around, including several who were more interested in taking pictures than in buying fresh fruits and vegetables. (Gotta love people like that. {Big Grin})
Here are a few photos taken that day.

Jean Talon marke

Jean Talon marke
Jean Talon marke
Other photos taken that day can be seen in my A visit to Jean Talon Market - 25 September 2008 gallery.

Please feel free to leave comments here on the blog or in any of the photo galleries.

As always, Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous AND healthy! Makes me wanna hit the Farmer's Market!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think the JT Market should pay you to advertise for them, Dad. We need to show them this gallery! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's a long time since I have seen Atwater Market. Dad and mom used to take us to the market on a Saturday night, I think it was. We had to cross a lot of train tracks to get there, being only 3-4 yrs old, I was terrified to go across the tracks and walked beside the canal along St. Patrick st., I think it was. There were so many trains. Then there was the bridge that turned to cross the canal, and another crying match.
    But it was nice at the market. We bought lots of fruit and veggies there. As I became older, my dad had his own garden and we didn't go any longer. I lived in Cote St. Paul at the time. Nice photo's Gene. I have to go now, will be back.
    -Lorraine

    ReplyDelete