Friday, May 7, 2010

First visit this year to the Longueuil Regional Park

Longueuil Regional Park
Longueuil Regional Park

With such an early Spring this year, I decided to visit the Regional Park in Longueuil to see what it had to offer. Things are really greening-up

One thing I noticed that was different this year from previous years was the number of Canada Geese.


Canada Geese
Canada Geese

I'd not seen more than three or four geese in the past. This year I saw easily six geese in various areas of the Park.

Mallard Drake
Mallard Drake

Another oddity was I only saw one set of Mallard ducks. Usually there are easily a half a dozen in the ponds and the marsh.

But one thing is for certain, the Park is greening up quite well and I look forward to many more visits this year.

Meandering Creek
Meandering Creek

Hope you enjoyed the photos.

Remember that clicking on any image on this page will open the image in my Smugmug site, where you can view a larger version. Please use your browser's "Back" button to return to the Blog.

Other images taken in during my visit to the Regional Park can be seen in my Longueuil Regional Park - 2010 galleries.

Please feel free to leave comments here on the blog, in my Guestbook or in the photo gallery.

Thanks for looking. And please stop by again.

No comments:

Post a Comment